The Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs is a not-for-profit (contributions are not tax deductible) umbrella organization for four wheel drive clubs in the state of Colorado. We began in 1968. We are members of the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition, United Four Wheel Drive Associations, and voting members of Tread Lightly! Annually we donate to Mountain States Legal Foundation and to the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition Legal Defense Fund in order to support legal actions that maintain public access to public lands. To support the education of our young four wheelers, we give out an annual Scholarship toward secondary education.
The Colorado Association is more than a financial supporter of public access. Annually our clubs do over 3,000 hours of volunteer work on the campgrounds, picnic grounds, hiking trails, and 4WD roads of Colorado. We also participate in the National Trails Day event in June by taking a group of physically challenged people on a 4WD trip into the Rocky Mountains for the day.
Many of our Member Clubs with the support of our Associate (Business) Members put on annual events. For example the Mile Hi Jeep Club puts on the nationally recognized 'All 4 Fun' week. In addition to large events almost all the Member Clubs have monthly 4WD trips ranging in difficulty and length.
The Association meets four times annually, once each quarter, to conduct our association business and to share information about upcoming events. Annually, we also vote for the associations Four Wheeler of the Year, and Club of the Year for an individual(s) and club(s) that have shown outstanding support for motorized recreation.
In Short the Association Was Formed to:
- Promote responsible land stewardship and a positive attitude toward motorized and mechanized recreation
- Provide a united effort against legislation, which would impose undue restrictions on 4WD vehicle use.
- Institute programs of conservation, education and safety.
- Encourage Federal and State land managing agencies to develop areas and trails for 4WD outdoor recreation.
- Disseminate information of interest to motorized/mechanized enthusiasts.
- Promote activities and events, which will encourage and contribute to the welfare of our Associate (Business) members.